Friday 18 February 2011

My guilty not so secret: magazines.

Just on Twitter and one of the topics of conversation was fave magazines. Well, this a topic I can connect with. My fave magazine used to be Eve; this seemed to get the balance absolutely right for me. Also, however, my sister who is ten years younger than me considered it her favourite too. It hit just the right note for us both. It had fashion,newsworthy items, travel,health, fitness, beauty,cooking, creative and home inspiration without being too obviously targeted at a narrow age group. Sadly,they stopped publishing it, so maybe not enough people agreed. So, now my regular reads include: Red, Marie Claire, Easy Living among others. But, goodness, haven't they all become expensive!
Still,it's so relaxing to sit, cup of tea at my side, do that initial flick through and savour the articles I will first dip into and then on a later reading go through systematically. Sometimes from back to front for a change.
On the other hand it's dead annoying when, being a regular magazine reader, I see articles that appear to have been recycled, usually in another magazine and with tweaks at a later date. I feel like I've been cheated and it puts me off buying for a while.
Do you know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment