Thursday 10 February 2011

Book v Film

I watched the DVD Eat,Pray, Love last night. I read the book last year whilst on holiday and was totally engrossed in it. Sadly, I found the DVD disappointing. I guess its hard to convey some stories effectively within the time span of a movie. It wasn't the acting that was a disappointment,in fact its difficult to explain what was missing. Maybe the description in the book just conjures up images, awareness of character's feelings and thoughts that is hard to match visually. This won't put me off reading the next chapter in Elizabeth Gilbert's story though.

Another film I watched after reading the book was Atonement. In this case I thought both were great. If I've read the book, I often want to watch the film too. It very rarely happens the other way around though.

No comments:

Post a Comment